Sunday, November 1, 2015

I will help you Isaiah 41:10

I'm an insufferable to-do list maker. I've got entire notebooks full of to-do lists that are crossed off. Mostly. I have tried 4-5 different to-do list and productivity apps that are no longer loaded on my phone because they did not meet my exacting to-do list standards. I have multiple formats of weekly goal-setting forms and sheets on my work computer depending on the mood I'm in that week.

To-Do lists are important for getting it done, but sometimes I get overwhelmed by them. I want to get lost in the marking off of my tasks. I can get pretty worked up if I don't get it all crossed off by the end of the day.

My mom would say at this point, "You always need a starter list for tomorrow." You see, she's got decades of experience on me with this to-do list thing. She knows a thing or two about it.

When my list gets a little too long, or I am not quite sure how the to-do's are going to get to-done in the time I have, I can also get pretty worked up.

I'm guilty of anxiously looking around instead of relying on God for the second half of this verse:
"I will strengthen you, I will help you"

I anxiously look at my list and wonder how I will get it done. How I will look if it doesn't happen. How people relying on me will fail in their work because I was late.

I need to look at God. He's a steady source of love, assurance and  help.

No comments:

Post a Comment