Friday, June 8, 2012

Potato chips are meaningless without Yoga (or…Love Letter to my Chiropractor)

Today is the first Friday of my new career.  I’ve been sitting in an office chair for the past four days.  For eight hours or more every day.  I also have not one, not two, but three twists in my spine in the distance from my pelvis to my ribcage – a fact recently provided to me by my Chiropractor.  Add this to an 11 degree curvature right to left in the lowermost vertebrae and I’ve got one messed up slinky trying to hold up my upper body



So yesterday I brought in my back supporter.  I thought it might make things better – it is a back supporter after all, although looks like a Pringle’s potato chip married a backpack and this thing is the ugly child.  It did help me a bit, and reminded me to sit up more, but I came home needing to lay on my back with my knees up to give my lower spine some breathing room.  The problem I anticipate today is that my poor slinky of a spine will begin hurting before I even get settled and started on programming statistical scripts that almost turned me into the Incredible Hulk yesterday.  My back really never quit hurting from yesterday.  And I took some heavy drugs, and used pain rub, and I’m currently using my TENS device – all of which should have relieved the pain independently, and have not relieved it as a trifecta.  Yikes!

Perhaps my Friday workout routine needs to include a little more Rag Doll, Triangle, Boat, and Twist.  In fact, this used to be my Wednesday routine to break up my strength and cardio cycle, and it didn’t hurt that Wednesdays were my Chiropractor day – he used to say that I always did much better on Wednesdays than any other day, Thank You, Slinky!  I’m all for natural pain remedies and prevention, and Thank You, Chiropractor, TENS company and all of my YouTube Yogis!  And here’s to no more three-pronged failed attempts at back pain relief in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment